Our latest amble walk took the group of 24 through Corrin Woods ending up at the large stone cross at the summit. This cross was erected in 1933 and nearby is the historical site of the mound ‘Carn Thiernagh’ which dates back to the Bronze age. From there we had a fantasic view of Fermoy town and the surrounding countryside on this lovely day in April. Then it was back to Corrin Event Centre for refreshments and a quick view of the centre. Our thanks to Ber O’Sullivan who led the walk and for the brief insight to Fermoy’s historical past.
Thanks to Liam MacCraith for this report.